In Mourning for Pittsurgh/Thousand Oaks & A Starting Over Update
January 18, 2019
307 Mass Shootings in 2018 so far according to data from the Gun Violence archive. 13 People have died in Thousand Oaks, California in a mass shooting in a bar. In 2017 the US saw a total of 346 mass shootings. We simply need to do more to correct this epidemic – and thankfully we can. We are no longer able to simply offer hopes and prayers. We voted for common sense Gun Control and reform.
??Because we care about the Kids – not the Guns: We did this (and the work continues….) and with yet another mass shooting last night – our work to correct these problems begins immediately ! ???????????? ?
First of all, our hearts are heavy with the news of the weekend and we mourn for the 11 lives lost in Pittsburgh at the Tree of Life Synagogue. As enthusiastic supporters of GiffordsPac -Courage To Fight Gun Violence – we reaffirm our commitment to the fight and we must insist that as we move forward as a nation together we will make the necessary changes on the governmental level to address Gun Violence.
It is next in the hands of Voters to be a part of this change by electing those candidates who:
- Support Requiring a background Check for all gun sales;
- Research into the causes of Gun Violence,
- Ban the future manufacture of semi-automatic assault weapons;
- Preserve state concealed-carry permitting systems;
- and Limit firearms in public places like schools, public parks and bars.
And We Oppose
- Concealed carry reciprocity;
- Arming teachers in schools;
- Deregulating gun silencers
- and Ending Gun Free School zones.
To learn more or make a donation to the cause visit www.giffords,org